Monday 2 January 2012

this blog is really not about sex at all you know

So I might have Asperger's Syndrome.  I told my doctor that my sister thought I had it (thanks sis, for the excuse!) and his reaction was pretty much "yeah I thought of that..."

That makes it likely, right?

Anyhow, I have to go back to the bright lights and hideous music of work tomorrow.  I do visual merchandising for a clothes shop. Since I started crying for no reason and had to leave early on Thursday, I really hope I can handle it and don't embarrass myself.

The only trouble is if I do have it, what happens then?  My mother already spends a large portion of her time telling me how to interact with people properly (remember to ask people how they are).  If I get a diagnosis, will I be able to get away with being a bit weird because there's a reason for it, or will it call for even more intense trying-to-make-me-normal lessons?

People even say I'm not weird in a bad way.  They think I'm funny and eccentric.  If it's because there's really something wrong with my brain, I don't think I should have to pretend to be normal all the time.  It's exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment